The mission of the Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health is to advance the health of women in Canada and around the world through research, education and advocacy in obstetrics and gynaecology.
The Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health believes that every woman should have equitable access to optimal comprehensive health care, provided with integrity and compassion in Canada and around the world.
The goals of the Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health are to:
- Increase research in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Support initiatives that empower women to make informed choices regarding their health
- Ensure that every woman has the right to survive pregnancy and childbirth
- Ensure that every woman has access to the care she needs to deliver a healthy baby through a safe pregnancy and childbirth.
Based on the mission, the primary areas of focus of CFWH will be:
- Increased medical research on women’s health issues
- Increased education of women on health issues affecting them and their families
- Support for women and women’s health in developing regions of the world.