Make a donation to the Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health in lieu of a gift to highlight a special occasion, “In Honour” or “In Memory of” a friend. Acknowledge a family member affected by women’s health issues or recognize an individual who is part of the women’s health community.
Your thoughtful generosity will support education and research in women’s sexual and reproductive health.
Why give a tribute gift?
- Giving in memory of loved ones who have passed, or honoring a special person or milestone is a meaningful way to recognize and remember the individual.
- An acknowledgement letter or memorial card will be sent to the honouree, or the deceased's family notifying them of the gift.
- Donors receive a charitable tax receipt for gifts of $20.00 and higher.
What types of tribute gifts exist?
Special Milestones and Events– Making a donation in the name of a loved one can be more meaningful that simply buying a gift for a person who already has everything. Special occasions such as Baby showers, Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, employee milestones, religious holidays, graduations, and national cause days all can be celebrated through donations to the Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health.
In honour –Physicians, nurses, midwives, researchers and professors have dedicated countless hours working in women’s health, have helped you cope with and overcome an illness, have delivered your healthy children, have found a cure to an illness and have saved you and your child’s life. You can give back. Highlight these health-care professionals, honour their accomplishments and say thank you with a gift to women’s health.
Special condolences– When a woman has suffered a miscarriage or has experienced a devastating stillbirth, sometimes words alone cannot express how sorry we are and how much we care about them. You want to send them a gift, but no gesture seems appropriate at the time. This gesture of support will certainly show your loved ones that you care not only about them, but that you understand what they have experienced.
In memoriam – Express your sympathy for individuals that have passed away. Make a donation to the CFWH in lieu of flowers or in memory of a loved one that has departed.
Whether in celebration of a life lived or a tribute to someone dear to you, your gift is a powerful expression of your beliefs and values. Praise someone you love by making a donation today.
The CFWH can customize donation announcement cards. You can include any special comments or messages you wish us to insert in the acknowledgement. In the event that you are preparing funeral arrangement, please do not hesitate to contact us should you require “donation cards in memory of”.
How do I make a tribute gift to the CFWH?
- Donate by phone by calling us at 613-730-4192 ext 232 (from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm EST) using your credit card. (Visa, MasterCard).
- Complete form and send by mail to: The Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health 780 Echo Dr., Ottawa, ON, K1S 5R7
- Or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enclose the following information when making a donation:
- Name and address of the honouree or bereaved family (include name of deceased)
- Your name, address and phone number
- Any special message to be included in the card
- A cheque or money order (made payable to the Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health) or complete credit card information.
We will advise the recipient of your generous donation without specifying the amount.